Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My Lovin' Wolf

There's this ad that comes on TV from time to time that just breaks my heart & makes me want to cry:



Who would mistreat & neglect animals that way? Just reminds me of the violence that so often prevails in this world, and how much of the world is devoid of love. It breaks my heart. I can't imagine how God feels about it.

Whenever I get my next pet, I'd like to adopt a formerly mistreated or neglected animal. To show healing love to an unloved creature. To be a hero for a pet in need of one. It may be somewhat dangerous or take a lot of work, but I think that's what Jesus would do. If Jesus bought pets, that is...

I can't imagine that happening soon, though. I have the best pet I've ever had in the history of ever having owned a pet. She is a wolf -- 3/4 wolf, 1/4 husky. My sister named her, so her name is Dolce (pronounced DOLE-chay).

Dolce loves to be petted. She would sit next to you all day long if you would stroke her back, rub her head, or massage behind her ears. She craves affection. And she needs a little bit every day. If she doesn't get it, then she gets really anxious & does something bad (like get off her leash when she's outside, or go to the bathroom on the carpet). She needs her daily dose of "lovin'." And that's my nickname for her -- she's my "lovin' wolf."

Dolce thinks that my family is her pack. So if ever we find ourselves laying on the bed, or standing around in the same room together, she likes to get right in the middle.

I could share more, but I don't wish to bore you. Here are a couple photo's of "Dodee." This is her licking my sister, Katie. And this is how she looks when happy & ready to play.

No comments: