Friday, August 22, 2008

An SEC Joke

God asks Georgia coach Mark Richt first: “What do you believe?”

Mark thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, “I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my team.”

God can’t help but see the essential goodness of Richt, and offers him a seat to his left. Then God turns to Auburn coach Tommy Tubberville and says, “What do you believe?”

Tommy says, “I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I’ve always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields.”

God is greatly moved by Tommy’s sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Alabama coach Nick Saban: “And you, Nick, what do you believe?”

Nick replies, “I believe you’re in my seat.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, very nice, very nice.

Chad Billy-Steve Pknicholson said...

Hahaha, very true, very true. Guess the old ball coach wasn't a part of that conversation?