Thursday, February 28, 2008

Right Thing To do?

I just read this entry on a bulletin board that I frequently read. I'm interested to hear what you think about this.


We’ve all littered at one time or another. Back in the 80s and early 90s it seemed much more common until the world started getting more eco-friendly and the more refined realized that it’s probably not a good idea and it’s certainly not pleasing to the eye to toss a candy wrapper or can out the car window.

I pride myself these days on never littering in a place that is not my home and recycling paper and plastics when I can.

Obviously, there are still a lot of people and maybe more so in Alabama that throw and dump garbage where they shouldn’t.

Here’s what happened: I was sitting a left turn lane waiting on a red light and sitting behind a red mustang. I just happen to be looking at the mustang when a hand comes out the driver side window and a bottle comes flying out and lands on the grass median to our left. I was shocked. well, I got out of my car, picked up the beer bottle and went and tapped on the girl’s window. She rolled the window down and I handed her the beer bottle and said, “I think you dropped this.” She, naturally, was dumbfounded. She said something like “Uh, Uh gosh, thanks.” I got back in my car and when the light turned green she did a U-turn and rolled her window down and called me an a**hole. I chuckled.

Did I overstep my bounds? Should I have done nothing? We weren’t in the country. We were basically at the Dauphin St. exit of I-65 in Mobile, AL. In case you don’t know, this is pretty big exit.

I know I could have done nothing and moved on with my life. What say you?

No comments: