Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Recipe for Taco Soup

This is my favorite "stew" to make during winter -- even more than chili. It has all the flavor of a taco in soup form. Enjoy!



Ingredients

• 1-lb. of Ground Beef
• 1 onion
• 2 cans "Ranch Style" Beans

That's an actual brand of beans. Look for it at the grocery store. I'm not sure what type of bean it is, but it's thicker and rounder than a kidney bean.

• 2 cans Diced Tomatoes
• 1 can Ro-Tel
• 1 small can Green Chillies
• 1 can Corn
• 1 can of Water

Just take the empty can of corn, fill it up with tap water, and pour it in

• 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
• 1 Package of Ranch Dressing Seasoning

Optional Toppings

• Grated Cheese
• Sour Cream
• Frito's Scoops Corn Chips

Instructions

Cut up your onion & saute it while browning your ground beef. I usually add salt & pepper. Drain the browned ground beef & onion. Then add ground beef & onion to the other ingredients in a large stock pot. Cover & cook on medium heat for 30 minutes to an hour.

What you do next is up to you. As for me, I get a bowl of soup & plop a dollop of sour cream on top of the soup. Then I scoop my Frito's chips into the soup -- scooping a bit of sour cream into each chip scoop -- and I slowly eat and enjoy. Others prefer to plop their dollop & proceed to stir it into the soup itself. Still others prefer grated cheese as a topping, and to slurp it using a spoon like a normal person. Whatever way you choose, it's bound to be delicious.

2 comments:

Jonathan Storment said...

That sounds so good Phillip. Would you like to come visit sometime? You just earned the right to stay the weekend with us. Of course...you would have to cook.

III said...

We have potluck meals at my church frequently. And my church family just thinks that it's the funniest thing to tell me how I'm gonna make someone a good wife someday.