Monday, July 03, 2006

Iron Men

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
Proverbs 27:17

This afternoon, David, Daniel, Carlos, and Philip gathered together for the first time. It is so neat that the four of us have found our way to Panama City at the same time. And we had a blast. We shared lunch & then we talked about all kinds of fun ministry-related things.

It's such a fun group. David is a military chaplain, and you get the quick impression that he is very cutting edge. He's the one that initiated the idea for this group. Daniel is fresh out of "seminary," and you can tell he's full of great ideas. He brings a higher level of maturity to the group. Carlos works primarily with youth and he brings that perspective. Carlos does now have a Bachelor's in Bible, but he wasn't as classically trained as the rest of us three. I point that out because I appreciate the perspective he brings to issues, because while the classroom is excellent & necessary, it can sometimes limit perspectives. And then there's me. I'm the youngest and the only single guy, so I bring that perspective to the collective. And ironically, I might be the one with the most actual preaching experience, though not significantly more than any of the others. It was fun to see how ideas bounced around the table from one person to another & to hear each person's perspective on things.

I am already looking forward to our next meeting.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

From the title I thought you were going to review an Ozzie album...


Late Night Rambling #4