Monday, March 24, 2008

Re-Naming Some Worship Songs

I've always noticed, I'm sure you have too, that certain songs hold social meanings as well as the thematic meaning from the lyrics. Here's a few:

Old Title
The Lord is in His Holy Temple
New Title
It's Time to Start Church, So Shut Up

You could even change the lyrics with that title: sing the title instead of the traditional lyrics. ;)


Old Title
The Joy of the Lord
New Title
The Joy of Clapping

I'm more excited about clapping along to that song than I am the meaning of the lyrics, which aren't very deep. That guy ran out of material when he got to the chorus.


Old Title
Prince of Peace
New Title
Song with the Weird Falsetto Line

I can never sing this song worshipfully. I'm always focused & perplexed on that falsetto lines in the middle of the chorus whenever we sing "is wor-or-thy", "be-ee-for-or Him." Who wrote it that way? Did he think it sounded good? I don't think it sounds good. Why does everyone else think it sounds good?

I always sing those lines without making my voice go falsetto in protest. People look at me strange when I do it, too.


Old Title
A New Annointing
New Title
The Morning Kick-Start Song

Who wouldn't want their own personal chorus to sing the song along with as they woke up, crawled out of bed, and hit the shower? Wouldn't that be awesome?


Okay, that's all I got for now. If I think of any others, I'll let you know...

1 comment:

Joel Yap said...

Hey, I may be wrong, but I think re-naming worship songs like that was kinda rude...
All those songs and many others are written by people who want to worship God and please Him.
I think you shouldn't make fun of the songs like that.
Sorry,
Have a nice day.