Wednesday, April 02, 2008

In Flux

For my regular readers, you'll have to bear with me through this period. I've had lots of great blog ideas occur to me in the last week or so, but my life has been filled with so many duties & so much stress that I haven't been able to jott them down for later or remember what they all were right now. But I'll be back to a normal schedule sometime soon here...


For the family & friends of my Mom, here's the latest...

The Hospice Doctor came by the house yesterday afternoon, checked her out, and shot straight with us about her condition. He informed us that it doesn't look good for Mom, but that she has done much better than other people have who have been in her condition. They have added more medication for her -- mainly to help calm anxiety, reduce pain, and help her sleep through the night (which she hasn't been able to do for a while). The lack of sleeping through the night has really added stress to our household, as we have all missed sleep & been awoken in the night when Mom tried to do something on her own, lost her balance, and fell.

Last night she slept all the way through the night, and she's been sleepy & groggy all day today. So we might have to re-adjust her medicinal in-take, but we'll get it normalized soon. She's feel less pain with the new med's, so that much is good. And she's still able to do things on her own -- eat, walk, use the restroom, etc.

Thanks for all the expressions of love and sympathy. They are appreciated.

If anything else happens, I'll keep you guys updated.

2 comments:

Matt said...

She is in our prayers. I am sure that is really hard. Call if you need to talk about it and we will be in your corner.

Emily :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.