Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reverse Christmas Eve

I dreaded waking up this morning. After the news about my Mom from the hospice nurse yesterday, and after hearing my Dad tell me last night that he thought she would pass on in the middle of the night, I dreaded what might await this morning. As a kid, when you go to bed on Christmas Eve, you can't wait for the next morning. Last night was the exact opposite.

But Mama made it through the night. Her mother & sister are coming to visit today, and Mom knows it. She may be holding out for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your mom made it through the night, Phillip. I'm still praying. Love you.

Katy said...

Phil, your family is such an amazing example of Christian love in action right now! I too am praying for God's strength & peace to sustain you.