Monday, January 28, 2008

Postmodernism

I just started a sermon series on Colossians. Leaning heavily on Milton Jones' book, "Christ: No More, No Less." He does a good job of dealing with a complex subject in a simple way. It's easy to be complicated; to be simple takes effort.

Anyways, I preached a sermon on Sunday that was all about Postmodernism. I've placed the sermon on-line along with the fill-in-the-blanks guide to help the listeners follow along. I tried to be simple but not simplistic, comprehensive but not exhaustive. I probably won't be holding any seminars on postmodernism in the near future, but I felt like I did a pretty good job with it. And I got a lot of positive feedback from "the folks," which tells me that I didn't get too heady or liberal for them. ;-)

If you're looking for a sermon or Bible study primer on how to engage culture & answer questions about how our world thinks, help yourself. Click on the image of page 1 below to go to the PDF document...

Postmodernism

No comments: