Saturday, July 26, 2008

Top Five Friday... Belated

I don't really have special blog days. But my old buddy Matt does. And he invited folks to post their top 5 vacation spots. Here are mine...


1.) Boston, Mass.

Having been to Fenway, I just feel like I gotta get back there more often somehow. I think I could break into "There's a Stirring" about that place. I enjoyed it that deeply.

2.) Tuscaloosa, AL

You're probably catching the sports theme here...

3.) Central Florida area

Was just there. Spent Thursday night in G-ville with JP & Kristen. And then Friday & Saturday in O-town at the Spiritual Growth Workshop seeing bunches of other G-ville & Tampa/St. Pete folk. Lots of loved ones there...

4.) Washington, D.C.

Didn't get to see enough when I was there last month. SO much to do, and so much of it is free (if you don't count the whole "we pay taxes" part)

5.) Pine Mountain, GA

About an hour south of Atlanta, there's this cool little place called "Callaway Gardens." You oughta check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... all of these are in the good old U.S.A. Way to represent lady liberty :)

Anonymous said...

just testing... phil you can delete this one if you want. been messing around with OpenID and wordpress

Anonymous said...

Fenway is incredible! I got to go there once during a spring break campaign. Of course, I didn't get to see a game because it was in March, but just being there in baseball holy ground was an amazing experience. We got to see them building the Monster seats. I hope to get to go to a game there one day.

Sara said...

Oh, you have GOT to vacation in Boston. Though Fenway is reason in itself to go, the city is just something else. There is so much HISTORY there. It's such a classic city that you just can't help feeling warmed walking down the street, taking in the sights of a quaint town that is actually huge. I highly recommend it.